Jules Lebegue founded in1828, is one of the oldest Wine Merchants house in Bordeaux. Based in the middle of Saint Emilion a famous vineyard known for its vintage wines.
Thanks to this location, we enjoy a wide knowledge of the terroir and the history of Saint Emilion. Committed to sustainable development and biodiversity preservation in our vineyards.
An approach with strong sourcing and technical convictions a winemaking center and a certified blending vat house.
4 TYPES OF
Since 1828 in
Heir to a rich
Our Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable development policies
"We aim at being certified Exemplar by 2021"
An ambitious Social and Environmental Responsibility action plan:
• 20 eco initiatives that can be implemented quickly and that mobilizeour employees
• 10 structuring projects for the transformation of the company.
Conversion of our signature brands and our partner winegrowers into ecofriendly ( HVE/ Bio & Biodynamics / No Added Sulphur / No CMR / BeeFriendly):
• Organic sourcing multiplied by 3 (about 10k hL
• HVE sourcing multiplied by 20 (about 10k hL.
Reducing the carbon footprint of our products:
• Waste reduction and recycling
• Water and energy savings at our production site
• Redesign of our carrier specifications
• Eco sourcing of our dry materials : light bottles, cork and FSC paper.
Preserving biodiversity in our region:
• Honey production in our own hives
• Insect hotels to survey insect ecosystem in Saint Emilion
• Shared vegetable gardens, hedges and wetlands
• Raising awareness for endangered bird species' protection.